There is a different euphoric feeling in cycling around the breath-taking scenery, authentic local culture, lush jungles and rolling hills,Mountain biking is a favourite sport great way of Southeast Asia. The thrills of the adventure tours where you navigate some tricky loops on the most challenging trails off the beaten path is unmatched. If you are one of those Travellers who are crazy to explore the world in your bike, then have a look at the top 8 cycling trails in Southeast Asia so that you may plan your next ride soon enough.
- Ketam Mountain Bike Park, PulauUbin, Singapore- this bike park boasts some awesome trails that not only offer you beautiful views of wetlands and the Johor Strait, but are also listed in the three highest difficulty ratings in the IMBA’s five-point ratings system: Blue Square, Black Diamond and Double Black Diamond.
- DoiSuthep-Pui National Park, Chiang Mai, Thailand-these downhill biking trails offer 13 different routes and can be an easy ride experience for you. The Eagles Route is one of the popular among bikers.
- Maarat, San Mateo, Rizal, Philippines- biking routes in the town of San Mateo are a must addition in the list of your desired biking destinations. It is also called the mountain bike capital of the Philippines, Maaratand offers many trails that range in difficulty.
- Kirirom National Park, Cambodia- this is one of the popular Cambodia Cycling Tours which is famous for its single track leading up to a 700-metre hill. This park is also known as PreahSoramarith National Park, welcomes all cyclists with its cooler temperature, picturesque landscape with lush pine trees, waterfalls and scenic cliffs. The Kirirom Mountain Bike Challenge, one of the biggest Cycling Cambodia events, takes place here.
- Heaven’s Pass, Dalat, Vietnam- The town of Dalat is the hot spot for every biker in the world. It is located in southern Vietnam’s Central Highlands and known for its cool climate, serene lakes, rolling hills and lush pine trees. It is a compulsory itinerary in the Vietnam Bike Tours as it is one of the best cycling routes you’ll come across in Southeast Asia.
- Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia- it is the best mountain biking spot in Kuala Lumpur with several well-maintained trails.Some interesting names of the trails here include ‘Snakes and Ladders’ and ‘Twin Peaks’ for example.
- The Small Chili, LuangPrabang, Laos-it is not a typical trail but it has been quite famous among the bikers. You can go for a guided bike tour through the countryside and villages. outside the town of Luang Prabang. You can avail the Mekong Cycling Tours and rides which will take you through the town next to the Mekong River, where you can experience an authentic Lao rural life amidst the rice paddy fields, green jungles and rustic villages.
- National Highway 1, Vietnam- the highway connecting the two main cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh is not only among the famous cycling tours Vietnam, but also a symbol of unity for the Vietnamese people. You will need about 10 days to cover the 500 miles stretch of road on your cycle. This is highly recommended as there are excellent options for stop overs during this journey.